Please Donate to CENSE!
What does CENSE do for you?
CENSE gives Eastside residents a voice to legally challenge PSE’s Energize Eastside project. In 2019, CENSE directed 97% of all donations to retain a land use attorney and expert witnesses, and 2% to reach out to our community. The remaining 1% pays for insurance, mailbox, and business expenses.
Many state and local factors allow PSE to promote an outdated project like Energize Eastside. In addition to preparing for the long legal process of public hearings and appeals, CENSE volunteers also:
- educate city council members about energy trends,
- serve on the technical committee that advises PSE’s ten year planning process,
- advocate for reforms at the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission and legislative energy committees.
CENSE believes citizens must have a say in our communities’ energy future.
- Collective legal representation
- Email-newsletters to keep you up to date with the latest developments
- Invitations and alerts on important events
- Candidate scorecard to become an informed energy voter
Sorry, no tote bag or coffee mug (this is how we keep overhead low)
Suggested Donation Levels
If you are a new donor, please consider the following donation guidelines:
- Concerned Eastside neighbor: $100 (or $8 monthly)
- Supporting Member: $500 (or $40 monthly)
- Leadership Circle: $1000 (or $80 monthly)
- Homeowner close to the line: $2500 – $5000
Where do your CENSE donations go? *
* Based on 2019 expenses
3 Ways to Donate
Check: this saves us a 6% PayPal or Credit Card fee. Please send your check to:CENSE12819 SE 38th St. #294Bellevue, WA 98006-1326
Credit or Debit Card: Click the button below and select "Donate with a Debit or Credit Card". Credit Card donations are handled by PayPal. See PayPal notes below.
- PayPal: Click the button below and select "Donate with PayPal" (see PayPal notes below)
- If you select “Pay with PayPal”, and are not currently logged in to your PayPal account, you will need to log in.
- Donations by credit card and by PayPal are both handled by PayPal, so it appears that you are using PayPal even when you choose the credit card route. If you get to the point of entering your credit card information, that means that your credit card will be used, and not your PayPal account. If you choose to pay via your PayPal account, it will ask you to log in to PayPal first.
CENSE is a 501(c)(4) organization, so donations are not tax-deductible. Although we are strictly non-partisan, this status allows us to fully engage with politicians to advocate for smarter, safer, greener solutions. CENSE does not 1) make donations to political campaigns or 2) give any money to our executive committee or board members.
We are governed by an 18 member board and we spend every penny wisely.
All donors receive our bi-monthly newsletter by email. A donation of $20 or more gives you the status of a CENSE member.
Connect with us on social media and spread the word to your friends, family and community!
What else can I do?
As a grassroots organization, our strength comes through member participation. Together we’ll ensure a safe and smart energy future for our community.
|SIGN UP||for our monthly newsletter|
|WRITE||a letter to a newspaper's editor|
|VOLUNTEER||Find out more about ways to donate your time!|
|TELL OTHERS||Inform your neighbors using our door-to-door kit or help fundraise|