CENSE gives Eastside residents a voice to legally challenge PSE’s Energize Eastside project. In 2019, CENSE directed 97% of all donations to retain a land use attorney and expert witnesses, and 2% to reach out to our community. The remaining 1% pays for insurance, mailbox, and business expenses.
Many state and local factors allow PSE to promote an outdated project like Energize Eastside. In addition to preparing for the long legal process of public hearings and appeals, CENSE volunteers also:
- educate city council members about energy trends,
- serve on the technical committee that advises PSE’s ten year planning process,
- advocate for reforms at the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission and legislative energy committees.
CENSE believes citizens must have a say in our communities’ energy future.
- Collective legal representation
- Email-newsletters to keep you up to date with the latest developments
- Invitations and alerts on important events
- Candidate scorecard to become an informed energy voter
Sorry, no tote bag or coffee mug (this is how we keep overhead low)
Suggested Donation Levels
If you are a new donor, please consider the following donation guidelines:
- Concerned Eastside neighbor: $100 (or $8 monthly)
- Supporting Member: $500 (or $40 monthly)
- Leadership Circle: $1000 (or $80 monthly)
- Homeowner close to the line: $2500 – $5000